Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I think I chilled out too much

When I look at my handbag, it’s a reflection of how my life is nowadays: disorganized. I move from one thing to the other, I haven’t bothered to tie up any loose ends; don’t deal with stuff like I should. OMG! It’s getting to be overwhelming. Receipts that need to be checked up on, eye make-up for an event a week ago, the bracelet I broke sometime back (I don’t even think I can repair it), my son’s menu at school (this should be hanging on the refrigerator), someone’s number scribbled on a receipt (why didn’t I put this in my phone yet?), my palm that I haven’t updated in two weeks…and the same goes for my car: tons of art projects from preschool, pair of shoes, maybe two, my CD’s are sprawled on the back seat, my work out clothes for the Pilates I’m supposed to be doing with a friend…and even if I wanted to run, I have a pile of dishes waiting at home and a bunch of clothes that I let sit in the drier…grrr.. I hate ironing! With all this it only follows that my office is a mess, there is piles of undone stuff everywhere!

One of the reasons I’m giving myself this pep talk is because I’m hosting friends of friends for the weekend and everything will have to be spotless by this Thursday…somehow..lol. The biggest reason is because I hate messes, they drive me crazy. I thought about waking up early this morning and working on those clothes and the dishes but it stayed at that; just a thought. I’m now beginning to wish I had a dishwasher even though I’m a self-professed love washing dishes type of gal, I really am, I just don’t know what’s been up lately. One positive thing is that at least we haven’t eaten junk food, and I have been diligent in having complete meals. I even cut up the melons. See I love fruit but I don’t like cutting it up. This started way back in my family. We always had fruit but if no one washed and cut it up, it rotted on the counter. At least there was six of us then, now its just us two and my lil man sure can’t cut up any cantaloupe but loves to eat it, so much so I think he at ¾ of the whole fruit last night after dinner…lol

I have to pull my act together and get out of this funk. I haven’t been stressing about a lot of things lately but maybe I’m taking this lax attitude too far. Ok I got some cleaning up to do.

2 comments:

Princess said...

I have been hopping on and off planes lately for work and so I haven't had time to do anything!! This weekend I finally got my car washed, dropped suits off at the cleaners and took care of a bunch of other things I hadn't had time to do!! I felt much better once I was done!!!

shiz said...

Princess, you are right. I started off yesterday and I feel much better already, today I won't sleep until the car and house are spotless...