Monday, September 17, 2007

Smell the roses

While I have been on hiatus from the blog, I have taken it upon myself to enjoy my surroundings. I don’t think I can say enough of how gorgeous the windy city is in the summer time. I have lived in the Chi for almost 4 years and just this summer I was taken by how beautiful the lakefront is, how much there is to do, I have attended countless amazing performances most of them free. Talk about not taking time to smell the roses, where have I been for 3 years? Just thinking about it makes me shiver, that a person can exist yet not be present. Wow. All of this was here before, yet I feel like I’m experiencing it for the first time. I was so preoccupied with the craziness of my life that it clouded my vision in more ways than one.

Please take the time to smell the roses today. Leave the crazy in your life to be just that and celebrate the beauty in your life.

1 comment:

Princess said...

I couldn't agree with you more about the Windy city as well as on the importance of taking time to be still and just relax and enjoy life!!!