Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kids do listen...and obey

This morning went pretty smoothly considering we were dragging when we woke up. It's over 80 degrees so the school encouraged the students to bring a bottle of water, which we have been doing anyway. They also stressed that no juices or sodas are allowed, strictly water.
So I 'fixed' lil man's bottle and on our way to school I let him know that I added ice in his water so it would stay cool longer. His response? "Mom, I don't think we are allowed to have ice in school." My poor child, the school had apparently done a great job of scaring the students into bringing nothing other than water....
"Honey, I don't think the school will mind if you bring ice to school, after all ice is the same thing as water." They just learned about matter so I reminded him.
Lil Man:"Oh yeah, I forgot,then it should be ok".

All's well.

No comments: