Monday, October 22, 2012

Got confirmation?


When you pursue God and let him work in your life, you never know how he is going to bless your life. I had a chance meeting with someone I have not seen in 12 years. Turns out she moved into the city and we go to the same church, I just did not know what had become of her until yesterday. 

She is younger than me, I remember being on my way to college while she was still in elementary school. All these years later, we are like peers. I invited her for lunch and it is as if I had known her all my life- I have in essence, just never had a conversation with her. She spoke of her faith with such conviction and openness and brought such affirmation in my life.

I’ve been going through a tough time relationally and surrendering to God has been one of the hardest things I do, continually yielding to his will and prodding. Sometimes when I speak to people who are not concerned about the will of God, they affirm my humanity and make me feel like I’m overspiritualizing my life. Yet I know that God speaks in our life and nudges us, but  when I say, I don’t believe that God is leading me in a certain direction, it sounds crazy in this day and age. When speaking to this young woman, she spoke of repentance and yielding to God for her life and relationship.  I knew God was doing something there…yes he was saying: listen to my servant that I have sent to encourage you. Do not be disappointed by the state of affairs or follow in the leading of people who are not pursuing my will, be steadfast my child, I ‘m working in your life and in due time will reveal my plan for your life. 

Confirmation. Thank you Jesus!

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" (Rom. 8:14).

No comments: