Monday, July 9, 2007

The names you call

Is it possible that it blows my mind
Every time you disrespect
And names to call somehow find
Despite the disconnect

It makes no difference if I am kind
Or if I am correct
You spew bile and feel so inclined
My emotions to affect

To your insults, I am no longer blind
How dare your insecurities project
By names you call, I will not be defined
My integrity will protect

Make no mistake you will not keep me behind
I sit and reflect
On God’s plan refined
It is more than I could expect

Even though our lives are entwined
I know better than you suspect
I am a woman greatly designed
To a higher calling more perfect

Than in the names you call

6 comments:

Wambui said...

You have a great way with words. Sis - there are some folks out there that think that we exist under their conditions and that their words can change us - but gal they are sooo wrong, not only are they wrong - but they are so very weak! To even think that we can define ourselves by the words that they speak - who the fk do they think they are ? Stay strong and fabulous as you have been these past months - let no one derail you - YOU ARE HEADED FOR GREATNESS! These are just tests of of time - they always come to pass - choose not to listen and continue to focus on you! We need a bloggers mama's get together one of these fine days and go toast to overcoming and being strong while riding out the storm.
Lots of hugs,
W

shiz said...

Thanks a ton Wambui for all the love. You are one of the most fabulous women I e-know (lol).You are right we should have a meet. Keep strong girl, I have been checking on ya.

Princess said...

There are people who attempt to intentionally hurt others by saying horrible things!!! I am glad that you are able to rise above all of that and move forward!!!

shiz said...

Princess, ur right. There are mad people and then there are mad people.

Soulsisters said...

that gave me chills...you really are an amazing poet...someday you should put your thoughts in a book...

shiz said...

thanks Nae. You remember the basis for this one.