Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Time to change

These past few weeks have been really hectic. I interviewed for two jobs, I made time for many friendships,I fell in love with being a mom all over again, I started playing soccer again, I realized I liked someone a lot and I don't know what to do with it, I got the job I wanted, I resigned at my old job and now with one and half weeks to go I have piles and piles of work waiting to go.

I'm feeling ecstatic, scared and a tad confused.

I thought I liked change but this is throwing me in some form of panic. I have to change my commute, my work environment, give up my office space, probably wake up earlier...arrgghh. I know the change is good but I guess I'm starting to second guess myself which I know is unwarranted. It's funny because I clicked on some of my favourite bloggers' pages and both talked about coming out of the comfort zone and pushing to achieve. I was like wow, God has a cool way of delivering the message. I guess he knows I read these blogs so he sneaked that message in and it made me feel better.

I know this is such a great opportunity, challenging and compensation is way better. I know I have been ready for change for a long time. I will be sad to leave my work family (literally) but I'm sooo excited to be somewhere different. I definitely feel the blessing. I'm happy for both my baby and I because it's a new phase in our lives. I'm happy that I'm leaving my comfort zone and I know without a doubt that I will excel not only at my new work place but in my life overall. I can feel God blowing my mind with what he is capable of.

I have been listening to Yolanda Adams, Mountain High, Valley Low. That album has taken me through everything. In the midst of it all, he kept me. I have nothing but praise for him who's able to do it all.

4 comments:

Miss DeeGee said...

Hey Shiz....glad you are still blogging albeit faithfully. I have been caught up in lots of stuff....but it is slowing down.

Say, can you shoot me an email on dghettuba@gmail.com

I would like to run something by you.

Thanks dear
/dorothy

Princess said...

Yolanda rocks!!!! Once you fully adjust to all the changes, you will be glad you made them!!!

Margo the Fish said...

Rahab, It's encouraging to hear about your life. I too quit my job and have a lot of big changes happening right now. We should grab coffee and discuss life sometime soon.

shiz said...

Miss Nun, whaat?? You are not moving to Seattle are you (lol) We should get together. I will facebook ya.