Thursday, June 7, 2012

even for little things


Our God whom we serve is so good, so wonderful so amazing. He cares so much, in Matthew 6:30 it says that he cares so much even about grass in the field that seems so useless. How much more does he care about us, his children? Yet this morning I woke up worrying, the exact opposite of what my father has instructed. I have had a cloud hanging over me on this issue and finally I was giving up today because things were not going my way. I woke up thinking, yes, I have a solution. Just let this thing go. I had this weekend trip planned with friends and friends of my lil man once school is out. Now this is usually easy for some, but for co-parenting, scheduling can be a nightmare. It turns out, school is out the weekend of fathers’ day and to be fair I figured the day of should be left to father and son. So I planned that we would leave early Friday, come back late Saturday in time for father’s day on Sunday.  My plan was perfect, until I spoke to the other party. No- they had plans for the entire weekend! I even offered to come back early Saturday but there were more NOs,  more arguing and I was completely distressed. So I went into plan B that I would travel alone without K.  It was going to be alright, but today I knew if he wasn’t going, I wasn’t going. I woke up today wrestling with that, how to explain to my friends that I was pulling out. I was thinking if it would be good to still pay up my $200 part of the balance. Ugh. It was all stressing me out. If I didn’t go, then I needed to come up with a great plan for that weekend ASAP or else I would be depressed. 

God had a surprise for me this morning. All along he was attentive to my stress. I got a call from the X saying, “I think you should all take this trip, take your time coming back on Sunday”.

Did I just hear him say what he just said? I was trying to hold it together because I felt like God was playing jokes. I knew without a shadow of a doubt, God was solving this problem for me. Without a shadow of a doubt. Doing the impossible, working miracles using the most unlikely source. I’m in awe of God and what he can do! I’m so humbled, that God allowed me in this moment to experience his goodness and to teach me that we walk by faith not by sight. This person is a thorn in my side, yet what the devil meant for evil, God has over and over again turned it around and used it for good. I thank you Lord for this moment of teaching and helping me see how much you care even about the little details.

 Matthew 6:25-33
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?” 

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

No comments: