Friday, July 13, 2012

pondering true love


I write a lot when I’m down, but today I thought I would write when I’m up. I recently messed up big time. Something that I had done followed me and was attacking my inner peace. Even after writing the previous post about accepting freedom and leaving guilt behind, I was feeling pretty down. But I prayed consistently putting all my worries, anger….laying them all out to God because I know he is the only one who can give peace. 

I am a witness that God is faithful and his grace is sufficient for whatever step of life we are in. I am just beginning to peel the layers of understanding how truly loved I am. God cannot do any more for me than what is already done. He paid the ultimate sacrifice. God could not love me any more than he does right now. He doesn’t love me less when I’m straying, and he doesn’t love me more when I’m being “good”. 

When we meditate on his word, he reveals himself to us. I think it is because we are still and waiting upon him. I recently joined this inductive Bible study. Even though I just met these fellow believers, whenever we study the word of God and dig deeper not only I’m I encouraged, I have realized how “sweet” the Word of God is for lack of a better word. The book of John showing Jesus’ life just leaves me speechless at how amazingly cool Jesus was. But above all, full of grace, wisdom, holiness and really focused on fulfilling his mission on earth based on God’s love for us. 

God is love. Accept that, ponder on it, apply it.

Ephesians 3:16-19
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

No comments: