Sunday, June 7, 2009

I am weak but He is strong

God's unique way of moving and stirring people up for his own glory continually amazes me and I am really overwhelmed by the events of this weekend at the church retreat. My heart had been in a prayerful mode and I was very much expecting from God. I was really humbled by the opportunity to share something and in a way only God could make possible. Those sincere thoughts put on paper to express the deepest of emotions and the desire to connect with the church community could very well have been written by anyone in the congregation.

1 Cor 1:27 "But God chose the foolish things of the world that he might put to shame them that are wise; and God chose the weak things of the world that he might put to shame the things that are strong".

Something that I thought was an emotional rant delivered by the most unlikely speaker, me, and yet when I read those thoughts I knew it was beyond me, that God had prepared this moment and ordained it for his people. God was abundant in that room of expectant hearts and minds. The thought of me sharing at a gathering like this unimaginable to me from every level, because I do not feel worthy of it, I'm afraid to speak in front of people and I certainly do not feel like a qualified christian, yet weak as I am, God let me know that I'm ok. That I can come into his presence and in the presence of his people just as I am for his own glory.

I'm so grateful for the leadership and friendship that pushes to create the best in us and in what God has planned.

Lord let this desire to pursue you only climb to greater heights. Let the community that you have created thrive and continue to grow all for your glory.

No comments: