Wednesday, June 10, 2009

WWJD

Today at work I really need to be beside Jesus because there is a potential for me to get very nasty. I’m not usually the confrontational kind, in fact I rarely find the need to engage people who don’t make a lot of sense and want to create a situation out of nothing. But this woman at work has pushed every imaginable button and just when I think that we are done, she comes up with something more annoying. I am surprised how she can keep outdoing herself on being a total B*. Yes, I said it because no other word comes to mind.

She is not really a coworker…thankfully..but I have to see her every 6 weeks or so to work on a 5 year project..yes, 5 whole years!! Sigh. Being who she is, she has found time to be here 3 times in the last 4 weeks claiming to work on this project….arrrghh. From talking to her, she prefers working in our office because it saves her a 2 hour commute so she’s taken to torturing us so for this reason. Her presence is enough to make me want to take up Yoga seriously because I usually have to count to ten and take a deep breath before I can deal with her.

We never had a good beginning. She came in as a replacement for someone else, and trained with her manager for a while. Between the two of them, I don’t know who is feeding evil to whom. She was trying to prove something(to her boss) at first and so I let it slide. Every time she looked at something in the books that didn’t make sense she would launch into full attack mode immediately assuming that I had messed up and I would somehow end up on the defense even on issues that I didn’t need to be defending. Now it’s developed to the point where she is nitpicking on everything and driving ALL of us in the office crazy. As of 10 am this morning she has consulted me 3 times and all so unnecessary. One of them was that she needed to be shown how to make a double sided copy. She has been here a couple times making copies and double sided copies are not rocket science seeing that we have a copy machine with diagrams and all. So I left my important work cursing under my breath to show her to press the button that couldn’t be more self-explanatory. Talk about putting me in a bad mood and I have a whole day ahead of me! Even worse it’s taking a jab at all the great community virtues that I gassed up on over the weekend retreat.

My goal today is to put my Christian mode on full alert- as I should be all the time. I’m praying that I can be loving, patient and Christ like…like WWJD kind of thing. Really what would Jesus do in a situation like this?

No comments: