Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kwaheri ya Kuonana

There are times in your life that you meet someone or some people who will profoundly change you from the inside in. It's happened to me a few times, people who loved me and I loved them back, nurtured, taught, rebuked, laughed, tolerated, prayed with....then somehow we loose touch or I move or they move and that relationship is not as vibrant as it was.

I just did the goodbye thing to a family that means a lot to me. I'm totally heartbroken, and I don't cry easy but I did today, because they are just that cool, supportive, loving, intentional christians. What a blessing it has been to spend time with them. I wish I had come out of my cocoon earlier and experienced more of those cherised moments. I wish I had opened myself up more instead of being 'busy'. In the most amazing way God put them in our life and we created an effortless friendship. I hold on to dear friends being that I'm so far from home; my friends mean the world to me.

Kwaheri ya kuonana means "goodbye, I will see you again". It's just to a different city, probably 8 hours away if I were courageous enough or an hour on Southwest should the ding be favorable. This season of life has changed and I'm grateful for the gift of friendship. I'm still heartbroken.

No comments: