Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Not by works


I have so much to write, I don’t know where to start, I feel like my head is bubbling over with blog ideas and stuff that just needs to be on paper and not in my head. My life right now is a mix of emotions, I’m so happy, yet so sad at the same time. I’m have been going through a painful ordeal and I’m was doing everything possible to keep from going down under..you know, emotionally. Then I re-discovered the power of prayer and truly sought God who has shown me such amazing grace. I had been trying too hard to do what I couldn’t do for myself. As the pastor said this past Sunday, grace is God doing for you what you cannot do for yourself. I can tell you for sure that being the type A person that I am and the researcher in me, I have tried many solutions, experimented, rewritten the hypothesis on my life and on happiness- all in vain. All my efforts to make myself a great and happy person have ended in frustration. 

Then Grace came along..actually God had been pursuing me all along it’s just there was so much noise in my life I had learnt to ignore him. But when I finally realized that my efforts were pointless and I surrendered to God, I found grace waiting happily, with open arms. All I can say is I don’t know why I didn’t try this sooner. I believed all along that God is a good God who sacrificed his son but I had forgotten that I needed to access this grace on a daily basis. With my human nature and all the craziness of this world, I need grace continually to escape temptation, greed, laziness, name it,  I need grace to save me from myself!

Thank you Jesus for not giving up on me and pursuing me constantly, because of your grace, I am happy today, not because everything is going well, but because by your grace I have found comfort and contentment. Today I choose to rejoice despite my circumstances, because your grace is sufficient for me and your power is made known in my weakness. I believe in your power God, that you have a great plan for my life. T’is so sweet to trust in Jesus.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Cor 12:19

No comments: