Wednesday, December 27, 2006

post christmas blues

Its 2 days after christmas and I had to be at work. Mental note to myself: next time take the whole week off because its too depressing otherwise. I think it has something to getting used to celebrating christmas Kenyan style. December at home is just the month to chill especially between Christmas and new years. Even though I daydreamed about being at home, I had a great christmas. I called home though and it was raining like crazy all day, which put a damper on the events since the mbuzi choma is usually an outdoor affair...but eventually the meat was roasted. Last Christmas when I was home, it may have rained once or twice in contrast to this Dec. I'm not sure which is better, dealing with the dust or the mud. Nway back to reality.
I was bracing myself because I had an especially difficult client today and of all days I was not in the mood for BS. But alas BS was waiting for me as soon as I got in the door. Some people just have no sense of boundaries for lack of a better word. They feel like they have to open their mouths and share with the rest of the world whatever thoughts are racing in their heads. Why oh why can't people think before they speak, or as they say, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all. Those people also tend to be the same ones who will complain about everything and everyone. I had to excuse myself at one time to unload all that negativity and remind myself that I can be the bigger person. It was a tiring ordeal that lasted a grueling 5 hours. I'm usually a calm person but today I stopped short of 'talk to the hand attitude'. It's not helping that I have so much work piled up before the new year, I guess I only have 2 days left so let me start scrambling..

No comments: