Thursday, February 8, 2007

In a zone

I am experiencing an emotion that I cannot even name ..it’s a mixture of anger, fear, sadness, betrayal. I think I’m at that point in life that something has to give. I need to grow because I feel I’m starting to wither. I need to make a drastic change in my life but I don’t know what. I need to do something that makes me happy. I’m tired of compromising, tired of being content, tired of waiting, tired of just barely making it, tired of same shyt different day, tired of being scared, tired of being tired. I feel like my talent, my very self is being wasted, absorbed and drained by my current status. This is a dead end place, I don’t want to be here anymore. It doesn’t make me happy. More and more it’s hard to wake up every morning and do what I do. The hard thing is I can’t seem to figure out if it’s the whole or just the elements. Is it the people I work with, the nature of the work, should I try a different specialty, different company, different angle for the same job, different city, closer to family, more money, more school, more experience or just start something entirely new? How come I cannot figure this out? Why does it have to be so difficult? Sometimes I feel I can make that leap of faith but I’m scared shitless. I don’t have the luxury to play around, with a child to care for and hypocritical father who would not give a rat’s ass if I succeeded or not. As a matter of fact he would throw it in my face and use it against me. So I feel stuck but I know one of these days something’s gotta give.

3 comments:

Wambui said...

Stay strong and keep your focus - I went back to school after having lil man - granted - I am not 100% satisfied with my job but the goals I have set for myself keep me motivated enough to know that I am only here for a short while and that I am slowly accomplishing my goals with every little not of progress I make as far as completing school and staying healthy.
About the tough times - ride them out - trust me - they shall come to pass. Stay focussed and dont let the drama derail you - I know its hard to ignore it - but just ride it out.

shiz said...

as always Wambui, thanx for the encouragement.

egm said...

Just found your blog and this particular entry resonated with me. Like you, I feel very restless about life with that unnameable emotion doing a number on me. Unlike you, I don't have someone dependent on me, so any risks I take will not have as major repurcussions. But like Wambui says, just keep the focus and one day things will right themselves. At least that's the attitude I'm taking.

Very nice blog you have here.