Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Age defying

I managed to watch Oprah yesterday. This is a typical Oprah topic which I did not care much for but for being cable free and not sleepy, I indulged myself. She had some amazing stories about women who look 10-30 years their age. This one 70 yr-old could pass for half her age! The common theme in these 3 women’s life is they took a chance to develop what they really wanted to do. Surprisingly all of them were single, one having been divorced, a single mom and a never-married one. I think being single allows you to be yourself without anyone putting boundaries on what you feel happiest doing. There are very few instances where anyone in a relationship can go forth freely without compromising even in the least bit. That really struck home for me and gave me that extra push I needed yesterday. I felt like I was on the right track to a beautiful life. So lessons learnt from Oprah:

1. Identify what you want in life, what makes you happy
2. Make the necessary steps to get there e.g. shed the baggage like bad relationships, job you don’t like.
3. Find something routine that gives your body and mind resonance e.g. meditation, exercise.
4. Mind what you eat but do not deny yourself. Everything in moderation.
5. Give back to the community, people around you; the blessing will be on you.

2 comments:

Wambui said...

Gal! How have you been?!! Just catching up with what you've been up to! Looks like I should have watched Oprah too !
I feel you on the hypocrisy (I hope I spelled it right!)that comes with religion esp Christianity - its sad! I just ignore it and choose not to subscribe to that stuff. You sound like you are doing good though! Lots of hugs!

shiz said...

@Wambui, I've been doing aight, taking care of myself thanks. glad you stopped by and it's nice you're back with psyche.