Thursday, April 26, 2007

being proactive

I'm on a quest to find new things, new inspiration, go down the list of things I've always wanted to do. Can't keep doing the same ol stuff and complain that life sucks. Something's gotta change. I'm being super proactive! So this week its painting and yoga.

I met Leah, a phenomenal artist and person couple months back. I’m glad I conveyed my interest in art and she volunteered to show me a thing or two. So I took a watercolors painting lesson yesterday. I’ve never been so crazy excited about something like this! My dad is a gifted artist who at the beginning of his career was a graphic designer but as life happened art took a major back seat. We always tried to get him going again but he was too busy making a living so we could have. I feel a bit of the gene, I love drawing and like playing with color. I’ve always been fascinated by landscapes and whenever I’m bored at meetings I make drawings. So I’m exploring the possibilities.

Last night we sat at a table and we each had a landscape for inspiration. There is something magical about putting paint on paper and letting the painting take a life of its own. It was not bad for an amateur. I carried my unfinished painting and my friend is letting me use her professional brushes and quality paper!

I’m excited because this is something I can do with my son. He was the motivation to seek out painting as something that we could do together as we deal with the craziness of this life. I might actually start spending more time at home now.

Proactive move number 2 was that I spoke to a co-worker who takes yoga and she recommended her classes and even offered me a free pass! So on Sato, it's yoga. I took couple classes eons ago and liked it so I'm psyched. I feel good already.

2 comments:

Princess said...

Awesome..yoga and painting/art are two fomy favorite things!!!

shiz said...

really princess..I enjoyed thoroughly. I could be your twin then..but I've moved from size 0 with great effort.