Monday, March 19, 2007

the evening part II

So after the jazz experience, I was hungry and being 10 p.m. I didn’t have too many options. As I was contemplating my next move, my good friend whose b-day was the day before called and suggested we try a new place in town. Now if you know me, I’m like the energizer bunny so no need for a lot of nudging despite the fact that I had to be at work the next day. So I indulged in a Mcd’s quarter pounder and headed for the new spot. We got some wine, there were a few people in there but the music was hot. Now I’ve discovered that in this city it’s very hard to find a mixed crowd, it’s either all jungus or all miro’s regardless of the music hence the quest for a new venue.

We got close to the dance floor where people were already getting jiggy with it. Just before I could join in the merry a gentleman approached us, the usual introductions, nothing corny. Apparently he was in town for a short meeting but lives in London so he asked if we wanted to join him and his friends at a table. We had some more drinks, talked, and danced, had my palm read by him…..he claimed a few things that were shockingly true. I’m not sure if I believe in any of that, I think its calculated guesses. We had such a good time and all the guys were refreshingly mature gentlemen. I got a good vibe from this guy who was Indian/Italian and we exchanged info, maybe a London visit in the works…lol. It was hard to say goodbye to a good time.

It was now approaching 1 a.m when we went to the coat check. This guy happened to be checking his coat in asked why we were leaving. He had a thick French accent and he seriously begged us (in a nice way) to stay for just a bit of the time. He was in town with three of his friends from Denver blah blah blah. By now we were thinking oh Lawd lets just meet his friends then quickly disappear. Wacha we saw his friends, we forgot all about our plans to leave. These men were seriously hot! There was the Swiss, the Italian, the Greek and our persuasive French man. We were so intrigued, they all had the different accents, well dressed, impeccable manners and need I say we danced some more. Apparently the Swiss guy said part of his family was from Egypt hence the hint of color but who cared he was hot as it was and the words were hotter as they came out of his mouth. After drooling over these men for over an hour and them treating us like the African queens we are, we HAD to call it a night.

I’ve never had so much fun in one very unplanned night. In retrospect we think our hot European men may have been gay…lol.. looked too good to be true. That is how my weekend started. Friday was fried chicken with the girls and the best Mac n cheese I’ve ever had. Our final b-day celebration on Sato (yes my friend celebrated her b-day for 3 days), this was very unplanned but we were in the same club as the Roots and Questlove (the drummer) was the guest DJ that night!!!! Let me just say I don’t even have more words to describe Sato except it was everything you hope a night out with all your friends is going to be. Now it means the pocket is seriously hurting and I will have to stay home for a while but it was well worth it. Talk about Monday blues.

2 comments:

Princess said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!! That is awesome!!

Wambui said...

wow! Im wishing I was there too! Glad you enjoyed yourself!