Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm just in a good mood

"I love the recklessness of faith-first you jump, then you grow wings." -William Sloane Coffin

I'm a sucker for quotes, I ran into this one today and just loved it.

I have been learning to appreciate what I have in life, taking it easy. So I got the John Mayer CD (yes I haven't bought a CD in ages and I'm proud I didn't look around for someone to burn it for me). There is something great about his style and I can't get enough of "Waiting for the World to change". Yesterday a co-worker gave me the Corrine Bailey Rae CD: nice and mellow, and I finally got Iyanla Vanzant's book "In the Meantime" and just having read the intro, its looking good.

I spent last night looking over the final agreements with lots of legal gibberish. I feel ok. My last court date will be next week and I pray never to see the inside of a courtroom ever again unless I'm the attorney.

My lil man and I had a fabulous weekend and week, the temperatures were cooperating and 4 -year olds never get tired, even when they are tired. It takes a combination of jumping up and down, running, eating, being loud, playing with trucks, eating again and more up and down the walls just to wear the boy off. I see why my parents had four of us, they had their work cut out for them.

Today I get to be just by myself and recover. I'm loving this me time and I'm learning to love my own company. I used to be frazzled everytime I went home to an empty house; I'm so used to company but not today. I will echo the words on Corrinne's CD, I will put my music on, let my hair down and just relax.

4 comments:

Princess said...

Emjoy your "me-time"...those CD's are among my favorites!!

Prettylyf said...

I love John Mayer. His music is too real and deep.

I'm waiting for -Yesterday I cried-i ordered it last week but haven't got it yet do let me know how your read goes(in the meantime)

Wambui said...

I so have to get those 2 CD's!!

Gal - glad you are enjoying your "Me Time" - those are the most special of times are'nt they? I remember days when I couldnt be by myself enough to even enjoy a bubble bath - now I look forward to it. Im happy for you. Your resilience and style just totally inspires me.
Lots of hugs!!

shiz said...

thanks ladies.
@ Princess, enjoy your vacation.
Pretty, I will let you know and Wambui, I know what you are saying and I had a fab time.