Friday, January 19, 2007

Busted...

So I’ve been having a rough week at work. I love my job most of the time, the environment is lax, my work is independent. I deal more with people outside the office workwise than with people in my office. My supervisor though is sometimes too lax, she’s done the job for years and I’m not sure is its just wearing on her or what but there’s been missing contracts, emails not followed up on and recently she pulled some serious crap and I had just had it. She had given me some misinformation that I acted on and I ended up looking dumb. So yes I told it to her face just how I felt, I kept my cool though…and also intended on clearing the whole scenario with the big boss.
So today was the day, I was waiting for the mdosi to be in his office to I could pop in and clear the whole situation. Apparently he beat me to it. He walked into my office and wanted to talk about the situation. Now I would have been more than happy to except I had just opened Pandora (music software prog. thingi) that selects random songs depending on what category of music you set it to. So guess what was playing when my boss walked in at this very important moment….Sexy back by Justin Timberlake! Have you ever just wanted to disappear? I tried my best not to act awkward. The volume was kidogo low but still I couldn’t help wondering if he could hear it and because this was a serious convo, I didn’t want to turn to my screen to try and mute it……why now? or better yet what was I thinking? So despite Justin wanting to be whipped, I tried my best to concentrate and explain the situation. I think we cleared the air but Pandora is not playing anymore. TGIF!

No comments: