Tuesday, January 9, 2007

No way Jose!

One of the fun elements of having a social life is the type of characters that I meet. I like going out with friends and not interested in picking up dates (at least not now). I prefer to dance in a group or by myself but seeing this is not always possible, I have set some boundaries. As a rule of thumb, I don’t give out my phone number, I don’t dance with any guy who’s not a friend or don’t have a special connection with. They have to be good-looking by my standards, confident, respectful and well-dressed. Rarely, I meet someone whom I really dig and I might bend (not break) a rule. On even more rare occasions I may break a rule or two (blame it on the drink).I try and speak to guys who seem intriguing but only if I am so inclined. I’m shy but on one or two occasions I have been know to walk upto someone and introduce myself if I think they are worth the time. Now, some people will try and get at you, even if you give them the eye and all so fake smile. If I give you an excuse for not dancing with you, then by all means move on, I will NOT change my mind!!

This past weekend I met one of those, unfortunately I have met this guy before, out of my senses, I had given him my phone number. I talked to him the first time out of respect, I let him know I was busy (I’m never busy for friends). He called numerous times after that, all left unanswered, but apparently he did not get the hint. Thank God I changed my phone number. Anyway this last time, he asked for my phone number again. He said he would like to call me but he lost my number. I told him if he lost it, I can’t have been that important. He continued to say that I did not take any of his phone calls (but he still wanted my no.?) What type of sign do some people need, a diagram of do not call? Kwanza all this happened after I had, politely refused a drink..he asked again (sigh) and I agreed. I made it clear by my body language that I did not want to dance with him. I excused myself twice..no good reason, just trying to get out of the space and both times, he found me at some other spot that I was enjoying myself! He even found me with this guy that I was digging and holy crap they knew each other. So I acted cordial. This is all on top of the fact that this guy is shorter than me, wore an ugly oversize shirt, chest open with a (fake) gold chain hanging, some type of hat that he really should throw in the garbage….Oh Lawd! The answer to the phone number this time was not an excuse and not even polite. It was a NO.

No comments: