Wednesday, January 3, 2007

toast to 2007

My main motivator in life is my baby Boy. I can’t believe I have been a mother clocking 4 years this January. It’s been such a journey with both ups and downs that has brought me to the place where I am now. I’m starting this year as a single mom and sometimes when I think about this I scare myself. Mostly because of ideas I have acquired over the years about single mothers. I never in a million years would have imagined myself here but now that I am I can never imagine myself elsewhere. I have never been happier with who I am and even more hopeful about the future. I feel like I have finally got to that place..when you are comfortable in your own skin, don’t go crazy over other people’s opinions, don’t let your family overwhelm you, choose friends wisely without riding peer pressure, just taking everything in stride. At my age the usual worries are finding a nice guy/marriage/kids but I feel like I’ve already been there done that, moving on! I enjoy spending time with my son and being the best parent I can be. I enjoy hanging out without the pressure of jumping into things.
Did I say I’m excited about the New Year? That is what I like about having a birthday in Jan, it helps refocus and start afresh. So today on my B-day I declare this to be the year of prosperity! I hope to have a greater financial security, save more, spend less, invest wisely, and still have more fun doing it. I want to spend more time in positive thought, doing more for my son, church and charity. I want to spend more time meditating, jogging, and being creative. Career wise, I will be certified so I upgrade my status and definitely make more money by the end of the year. I refuse to tag last year’s baggage. I have to work on my waking up schedule and I may have to cut out 11pm Oprah. Oprah I love you but damn it, going to bed at midnight just aint doing it anymore. I will be more in touch with family and friends. I will remember b-days of people who are important to me starting with myself today!! I promise to love myself and do good by myself. I have learnt that this is an important first step of loving others. I will stop being so critical of myself when things don’t go as planned. I’m overly excited at the prospects this year will bring, but heck why not? It’s just me, my baby Boy and God, mostly in the reverse order and I know it’s gonna be aight!

1 comment:

Wambui said...

Hi Shiru! Happt New Year!! Great blog! I love your positive attitude!! Here's a toast to you and 2007 - Dont you just love starting a fresh? Its awesome isnt it? A chance to make things better than they were before and to measure growth. Please feel free to contact me anytime.